Teqpong is a new, innovative racket sport played on a Teqball table.
Teqpong’s main concept is very similar to table tennis’, however special, new rules have been introduced such as the thrilling “doubleppoint”, a one-bounce serve and the opportunity to volley the ball again if it bounces back off the net.
These unique rules are designed specifically for teqpong to ensure that players of all levels will enjoy the sport. The curved table makes the game even more enjoyable creating various types of bounces whereby angles need to be recalculated and your reactions will be tested. Players must use the same type of racket, creating an even playing field whereby you must rely on your own skills to get the victory.
Teqpong is an excellent way to spend time for both sport lovers and those who are looking for a recreational hobby, regardless of age, the gender or level of skills.
This new innovative sport can greatly enhance hand-eye coordination and also improve concentration and reflexes.
TEQPONG - RULES OF THE GAME
MAIN RULES OF TEQPONG
- One game is won when a player or team reaches 8 points.
- One set consists of two winning games.
- A Teqpong match is won by winning one or more sets depending on the competition.
- The server has only one chance to execute a successful service.
- The ball must bounce only once and anywhere on the opponent’s playing surface of the table.
- The service is rotated after every two rallies.
- The first serve must be executed using a forehand serve from inside the service box, the second serve must be executed using a backhand serve from inside the other service box.
- The server must throw the ball up and the movement of the racket during the contact point must also be upwards.
- Each player or team has the right to request the possibility to earn the “doublepoint” once every set.
- The “doublepoint” is a chance to gain 2 points instead of one in a single rally.
- The “doublepoint” can only be awarded to the player or team who requested it and legally scored the point.
- The player or team may only request the “doublepoint” if they have not yet reached 6 points in that game.
- If the ball bounces back from the net it can still be played but only in the air.
- Any contact with the table is forbidden.
Teqball is a new sport equipment and a new sport based on football.