Teqis is a new racket sport played on the specially curved Teqball table. It can be played individually against a single opponent (singles) or between two teams of two players each (doubles).
The special rules, the court and the scoring system make teqis so unique. Teqis can be played indoor and outdoor as well, all you need is the equipments and a twelve-meter long, six-meter wide playing field. The official size of the court is 9 meters times 3,5 meters.
Teqis is easy to learn for everyone including wheelchair users, and after a few minutes of practice it is as enjoyable for beginners as for professionals.
The intention of the inventors of teqis is making this special sport available all over the world, and popular among every racket sports fan worldwide.
- A Teqis match is won by winning one or more sets depending on the competition
- One set consists of two winning games
- One game is won when a player or team reaches 8 points
- The server has two chances to execute a successful service. The serve must bounce only once on the opponent’s playing surface of the table.
- The service is rotated after every two rallies.
- The first serve must be executed using a forehand serve from inside the service box. The second serve must be executed using a backhand serve from inside the other service box.
- The server must serve the ball without letting it bounce on the ground.
- The ball can be played in three different ways:
- It is forbidden to use the same type of return in a row, except for the groundstroke.
- If the opponent lets the ball bounce on the ground, then it has to bounce inside or on the lines of the court.
- Each player or team has the right to request the possibility to earn the “double point” once every set.
- The “double point” is a chance to gain 2 points instead of one in a single rally
- The “double point” can only be awarded to the player or team who requested it and legally scored the point.
- The player or team may only request the “double point” if they have not yet reached 6 points in that game.
- If the ball bounces back from the net it can still be played but only in the air before it touches the surface of the table.
- Any contact with the table is forbidden.
Teqball is a new sport equipment and a new sport based on football.